All pages and patterns of this site can now be translated by using the 'Translate this Page' Gadget at the top of the right hand column of every page. Hopefully this will help many of you who are more comfortable reading in your native language. :D


All patterns are written assuming that the reader has a basic understanding of crochet and amigurumi, IE: working in rounds, sc increase and decrease, basic understanding of construction of the parts.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Luigi Plushie


Well, I knew it had to happen.

I'm sitting here, working hard on new patterns, and there sits Mario, alone, waiting, occasionally tapping his foot and staring me down. Ok, ok... I get it! You want Luigi, right? Well yes, he did... so being a good little doll-maker, I obliged him his request.

Here's Luigi... companion doll to my Mario Plushie.

He's somewhat like Mario in construction, but obviously there are some differences. Read the pattern through before starting to see where the changes are.

As always, if you run into any trouble, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :D


MATERIALS:

WW yarn in blue, green, white, peach (or a skin color) and small amounts of black and brown
G Hook
Fiberfill
Yarn Needle
Felt in small amounts (white, blue, black)
2 small shirt buttons in yellow (or gold if you have it)
Sewing thread to match yarns and felts and a medium duty to heavy duty sewing needle


NOTES:

Gauge isn't all that important, but your hook and yarn choices should result in a fairly tight stitch so that the stuffing won't show through.

Numbers in ( ) at the end of each round or row indicate the total number of stitches for that round or row.

I recommend reading through the pattern before beginning to familiarize yourself with the overall process of construction of the doll


HEAD (using peach):

Rnd 1: 6 sc in Magic Ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (18)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (30)
Rnd 6: sc in next 9 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (33)
Rnd 7-12: sc in each sc around (33)
Rnd 13: sc in next 9 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (30)
Rnd 14: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (24)
Begin stuffing at this point if you haven't already. Stuff head firmly while shaping as you go along.
Rnd 15: sc in each sc around (24)
Rnd 16: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (18)
Rnd 17: sc in each sc around (18)
Rnd 18: sc in next sc, dec over next 2 sc around (12)
F/O, leave a tail for closing. Add any bits of stuffing needed to finish shaping the head nicely. Weave tail through the final row and draw up tight to close. Secure and weave in ends.


NOSE (using peach):

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 4: dec over next 2 sc around (6)
F/O weave in tail. Stuff and shape.


EARS:

(using peach, make 2)

Rnd 1: 3 sc in magic ring (do not join, do not ch 1) turn. (3)
Rnd 2: 3 sc in first sc, 2 sc in remaining 2 sc. Do not ch 1, turn (7)
Rnd 3: sl st in each sc across (7)
F/O and tie the 2 ends together creating a slight curve (ear shape)


MUSTACHE:

(using black)

ch 12, slip stitch in 2nd ch from hook and next ch, hdc in next ch, 2 dc in next 2 ch, dc in next ch, 2 dc in next ch, hdc in next ch, slip stitch in last 2 chs.
F/O weave in ends. using sewing thread, pinch the middle of the mustache and secure with thread.


BODY (starting with blue):

Rnd 1: 8 sc in Magic Ring (8)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (16)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (32)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (40)
Rnd 6-14: sc in each sc around (40)
Rnd 15: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc. In last stitch, change to green yarn (32)
Rnd 16: sc in each sc around (32)
Rnd 17: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc, (24)
Rnd 18-21: sc in each sc around (24)
Rnd 22: sc in next 2 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (18)
Rnd 23: sc in next sc, dec over next 1 sc (12)
Stuff and shape body firmly. Leave neck opening open.


HANDS/ARMS (starting with white):

(hand/arm version with thumb, shown in photos)

Rnd 1: 8 sc in Magic Ring (8)
Rnd 2: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc (10)
Rnd 3-4: sc in each sc around (10)
Rnd 5: sc in next 5 sc, ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 chs. sc in next 5 sc (10 sc and one 'thumb')
Rnd 6: sc in each sc around (hold 'thumb' down in the front of work and sc behind it) (10)
Rnd 7: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc (8)
Rnd 8: (working in front loops only for this round) sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (12)
F/O white.
Attach green yarn to any of the 'free loops' inside of last round of stitches in hand.
Rnd 9: sc in next 3 free loops, 2 sc in next free loop, sc in next 3 free loops, 2 sc in last free loop (10)
Rnd 10-16: sc in each sc around (10)
Stuff arm moderately firm (leave hand unstuffed, but add stuffing in 'wrist' area and up to shoulder) Flatten the end matching up stitches and sc through all layers to close (5 sc across)
F/O weave in ends.

(alternate hand/arm version without thumb, not shown)

Rnd 1: 8 sc in Magic Ring (8)
Rnd 2: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc (10)
Rnd 3-6: sc in each sc around (10)
Rnd 7: sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc (8)
Rnd 8: (working in front loops only for this round) sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (12)
F/O white.
Attach green yarn to any of the 'free loops' inside of last round of stitches in hand.
Rnd 9: sc in next 3 free loops, 2 sc in next free loop, sc in next 3 free loops, 2 sc in last free loop (10)
Rnd 10-16: sc in each sc around (10)
Stuff arm moderately firm (leave hand unstuffed, but add stuffing in 'wrist' area and up to shoulder) Flatten the end matching up stitches and sc through all layers to close (5 sc across)
F/O weave in ends.


SUSPENDERS (using blue):

Row 1: ch 3, sc in 2nd ch from hook and last ch (2)
Row 2-28: sc in both sc (do not ch 2 to turn, it makes for a straighter edge) (2)
F/O Weave in ends.


LEGS/FEET:

Legs (using blue, make 2)

Rnd 1: 8 sc in magic ring (8)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (16)
Rnd 3: (working in back loops only for this round) sc in each sc around (16)
Rnd 4-10: sc in each sc around. (16)
F/O stuff firmly and shape them both evenly. Don't close the open end.

Feet (using brown, make 2)

Rnd 1: 6 sc in magic ring (6)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Rnd 3: sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in last sc (14)
Rnd 4-10: sc in each sc around (14)
Rnd 11: sc in next sc, dec over next 2 sc (8)
F/O stuff *lightly* and shape as desigreen. Weave end through final round and pull to close. Secure and weave in ends. Sew feet/shoes to 'closed' end of leg as shown (open end is attached to the body)


HAT:

(using green)

Rnd 1: 8 sc in Magic Ring (8)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (16)
Rnd 3: sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around (24)
Rnd 4: sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (32)
Rnd 5: sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (40)
Rnd 6: sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (48)
Rnd 7: sc in next 11 sc, 2 sc in next sc around (52)
Rnd 8: sc in each sc around (52)
Rnd 9: sc in next 11 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (48)
Rnd 10: sc in next 6 sc, dec over next 2 sc aorund (42)
Rnd 11: sc in next 5 sc, dec over next 2 sc around (36)
Rnd 12: sc in next 25 sc, leave remaining 11 stitches unworked. The 25 stitches will become the 'front' of the hat which is a little higher than the back of the hat. F/O (weave in end)
Rnd 13: Attach yarn to center (stitch number 6) of the unworked stitches of the round 11 (not the last 25 sc you worked) and then sc in each sc around. When you reach the section with the 25 sc from round 12, just continue to sc in each one the same as working in unjoined rounds. When you reach the last of the 25 sc, simply continue on to the sc from round 11. (36)
Rnd 14: sc in each sc around (36)
F/O and weave in ends.

Brim/bill of hat:

Row 1: Beginning from joining stitch of final round, count 12 stitches over, attach yarn in 13th sc, ch 1 and sc in same stitch as joining. sc in next 11 sc, turn (12)
Row 2: (working in front loops only for this row only), sc in each sc across (12)
Row 3-6: sc in each sc across (12)
Row 7: dec over first 2 sc, sc in remaining sc across to the last two sc, dec over the last 2 sc (10)
Do not turn.

Ch 1. slip stitch evenly around brim (one sc in end of each row for the sides). When you reach the corner where the brim meets the hat, put 2 sc in that corner and resume slip stitching in each st around until you reach the starting point. Join to first sl st and f/o. weave in ends


HAT LOGO:

Using white:

Rnd 1: 8 sc in magic ring (8)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (16)
F/O weave in ends.

Cut an L from green felt (I recommend using paper first so that you can be sure you like the look and the size before cutting from felt, using the paper L as a pattern). Glue or sew the M to the center of white circle, sew the logo onto the center front of hat (be sure to center it with the bill of the hat)


SIDE BURNS:

(Using brown, make 2)

Row 1: Ch 3, sc in 2nd ch from hook and next ch (2)
Row 2: sc in both sc (2)
Row 3: skip first sc, sc in last sc (1)
F/O weave in ends.


HAIR:

(using black)

Row 1: ch 14, sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 3, * sc in next ch, ch 3 * (repeat from * to * to end of chain) end with sc in last ch.
F/O



ASSEMBLY:

I highly recommend pinning all the pieces together before sewing anything to make sure you have all the pieces done right and that you get them in the positions you like best before sewing. It seems like alot of extra work, but this will save you ALOT of hassle.

Sew head to neck opening. Sew hat to top of head as shown, giving a slight tilt backwards on the head. Sew the 'hair' to the bottom of the hat at the back (see the photos). Nose is sewn centegreen on the face with the brim of the hat, but a little lower on the face. Mustache is sewn under the nose much like the hair was at the back of the head.

Ears should be placed just at the base of the hat on the sides of the head. Experiment with the placement so that you can be sure you're happy with how the ears look. Sideburns are sewn just in front of the ears as shown.

Arms are sewn to the sides of the upper body near the base of the head. If you made the version with the thumbs, be sure to pay attention to the position of the hands and that the thumb is in the right place. Hands should be slightly curved inwards. Suspenders are sewn on as shown (crossing them in the back). Add the two small yellow (or gold) buttons to the suspenders where they meet the 'pants'.

Legs/feet are sewn to the bottom of the body as shown.

Eyes are constructed from a larger oval shape in white, with a smaller oval shape in blue and another even smaller oval shape in black (see photos). I also like to add a tiny white circle of felt as a catch light to the eyes to help give some dimention.



Luigi and Mario Brothers are copyright Nintendo.

This pattern is an original pattern by Linda Potts (September 2009). Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you wish to share this pattern, you may link to this pattern but please do not reprint it on your site or publish on any cd or collection. You may keep a copy for your own personal use but you may not sell or distribute it, or sell items made from this pattern. Photos are also property of and copyright Linda Potts.

88 comments:

Crystal said...

I am sooo happy you made luigi! i must make the mario bros pair!!! and my sister loves luigi a lot, so that works out perfectly. I like your story of mario impatiently waiting for you to make luigi LOL

Honestly, I think that you have got to be the most talented crochet pattern maker ever :D

WolfDreamer said...

lol Thank you!

I don't know that I would qualify for most 'talented' pattern designer, but if there is a category for 'most crazed' I'm a sure bet to take first place! :D

Jaenelle said...

I was just showing my husband your work a couple of weeks ago and the first thing out of his mouth is "What? No Luigi?"

I am going to have to drag him back over to the computer to show him that you made the little guy.

Christine said...

I am so excited to try these! I have never tried to crochet anything like this before. This may be an obvious question, but could you clarify what "Magic Ring" is in all of the Rnd 1's?

WolfDreamer said...

It's a great method of beginning a crochet in the round piece. Some great written instructions are here: Right-Handed Tutorial (she also has one for southpaws too linked on that page.

If you do better with video tutorials, this is my favorite person to go to for video anything involving crochet The Art of Crochet videos

Hope that helps... I've been using the method since I was a child (only back in those days, we just called it a slip ring), I forget that others' aren't familiar with it :D

Laural said...

I don't get to visit blog as often (stupid having to work at work now) but I love seeing your new projects pop up on my sidebar all the time.

My 6 y.o. said that you are "an awesome crochet lady" and I agree.

Great work!!

Unknown said...

this is so funny. I was just going to come here and post a comment to you that I made a few adjustments to the Mario pattern and made Luigi and lo and behold, you've done it yourself! lol Guess I don't have to offer you the adjustments...thank you so much for all your smb patterns. I have been having a blast the last week making all of them-plus some. I did get Yoshi done, he's cute but I still need to adjust a little before I offer him up lol

Maria said...

Your Luigi is amazing. Thanks so much for him.

Thanks for all of your wonderful Mario patterns.

Piston said...

Oh my gosh! He's so awesome ahaha. You continue to amaze me; I've been watching your stuff for a while and I love all of it! You're really talented.
I'm also amazed at how fast you can whip out patterns. Man!
Luigi is awesome <3<3

Maybe Peach and Daisy will find their way eh? Jk jk.

Jaenelle said...

lol, my husband was just saying that all she needs now is to give them Yoshi and they are set. But I showed him the Luigi and it put a smile on his face.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

YAY! You're so amazing! This one is going in my list and I'll be linking as well. Thanks SOOOO much for sharing these fantastic patterns.

WolfDreamer said...

Thanks y'all! and sorry I took a while to post, it's Labor Day weekend and I'm trying to take some time out for myself... lol, but whenever I do this, I always end up researching what I will be working on next, or just looking for supplies online LOL. Even when I'm not working, I'm working :D

TheHMC said...

I seriously think I love you lol! Your patterns are so spot on...better than a lot that I've found. And free! How fabulous is that? Thanks to you, I'm going to be able to do some Pokemon plushies for my 3 boys for Christmas. They absolutely love looking at your work. Everytime you add something new, they ask me to make them one. Each lol.
I just want to thank you for the patterns. You are truly talented, and generous to boot for sharing your ideas.

WolfDreamer said...

You're very welcome! The whole reason I started this blog was because I went looking for good patterns to make for my four kids, and couldn't find any that I (or the kids) really liked. The kids are extremely picky about things (i'm a perfectionist myself, so I guess they come by that trait honestly :) ) and so I started making the dolls for them.

After a while, they convinced me to share the patterns online so other kids could have them too. It's really kind of taken on a life of it's own in a very short time, LOL, and I don't mind a bit. It gives me an excuse to make more dolls, which although I crochet alot of other things, dolls seem to be my signature thing. :)

I'll be adding more stuff as soon as I can :)

Cyndi said...

These patterns are great!
do you have any plans for maybe a Pontyta pokemon?

Bigger question can you make a Yoshi? I'm in love with yoshi and would love to make one.

S. Chaffee said...

I just found you via Google Reader and am so super excited!!! I've been thinking about creating a Mario and Luigi duo for a while now but have never gotten around to it. These are fantastic! I LOVE that you posted patterns too so I don't have to go to all the trouble of creating them for myself. My brother would LOVE these! I am forever going to be following this fabulous site. Your stuff is great! Thanks for sharing!

WolfDreamer said...

Thanks!

I'm glad you like the site :D. I'll be posting some more patterns in the near future, so keep checking in :)

MJ Danger said...

All my boyfriend wants for Christmas this year is Luigi. Your pattern just ended my nightmares. I was so excited when I found it that I started, and I'm working on his body now. I've decided that I want to make his cousin Mario, and was wondering if you had any plans of making a Princess Peach that I could make for his girlfriend/my best friend. I have found a few online, but none are the quality of your patterns. I think the trio would be the best Christmas present ever!

WolfDreamer said...

I've been thinking about making both a Princess Peach and Daisy, but I'm waiting on a delivery of my fleshtone yarn to start them. I have several commissions to be doing, so it might be a little bit.. but I'll certainly try to get them done :)

Anonymous said...

I've posted several times asking about a yoshi pattern. You never respond. I guess i will just have to pay for the one i found on another site but i would much rather have a pattern of yours because you have the best patterns. Easy to follow and great. oh well. Thanks for the rest though, i've made several of the pokemons :)

WolfDreamer said...

I'm sorry if I didn't respond to your requests for yoshi, I've responded to so many asking for a yoshi... There are good yoshi patterns online already, and I don't always have time or the right yarns to make a pattern, I just have to make what I can when I can. I will try eventually to make one, but I can't do everything all the time. :D

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Thanks for the pattern,... but can I just buy these from you? I have to have them! I love them!

WolfDreamer said...

Thank you! At the moment, I wouldn't be able to make and send the dolls. My daughter is in the middle of getting alot of tests done because something is wrong with her gall bladder (so they think) and we might be looking at her having surgery. Once things settle down here, and I can return to our regularly scheduled chaos, I'll see about getting some made up to sell. We just got our post office back, so sending things in the mail no longer means a one hour drive to the post office in the next town :)

Anonymous said...

u r makin so much pokimon please make somemore mario plushies??? ;>

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for all the patterns! It's sooooooo nice of you to make them free! I was just wondering if you would make Princess Peach and/or Princess Daisy? That would great.
Just asking...
♥♥♥

Katy said...

Nice patterns! My brother wanted me to make crocheted Mario and Luigi heads, and this is exactly what I imagined! Now I don't have to make my own pattern. Thanks a million!!!

Sandra said...

These are the BEST patterns I've seen out there and it's FREE! Much appreciated-Thank You Thank You Thank You!

. said...

Muitop bonito e original parabéns!
Josi

ukebox said...

I love this pattern, I can't wait to try it out to give to my husband for his birthday

Doanz said...

Love it! You made my WEEK! My husband has always wanted me to crochet him some Nintendo stuff...and now I can! :) Thank you!

Anonymous said...

i was just thinking would it be ok if i sold them and gave all the money to charity i just wanted to ask your permission

Kath said...

When I discovered your site, I couldn't believe my eyes! I'm so impressed by your skill with the hook! My brother is going to be receiving a Luigi in the morning ^_^

I was wondering if Pineco was on the list of Pokemon to create? [And, of course, Peach/Daisy would be appreciated :) ]

grannyal said...

great patterns my grandaughter can't wait for her luigi, can you tell me if i can print this pattern to do it as i only seem to be able to print the picture but no details thx

WolfDreamer said...

There are no restrictions on printing, so it may be either in your settings on your printer, or you may be somehow highlighting a photo before hitting the print button.

You should be able to print the entire pattern (including the pictures for reference) as you see it on the computer screen.

gordis said...

Gracias por compartir sus patrones, a mis nietos les va a encantar estos muñecos.
Un millón de gracias.
Celia

Anonymous said...

Please make a pattern for a Yoshi! I mean, really... he's a lot more important than Toad or Toadette...

Anonymous said...

I tried this once before. Ok, I just need to know what you mean by "free loops". The pattern is great. Hope to make many!

WolfDreamer said...

When you work a round in the 'front loops only', it leaves the back loops free. The stitches are worked in those free loops. :D

Richterrjr said...

Thank you so much, I haven't been on the computer last few days and I need to get this done. Grandchildren are soo demanding and grandparents just can't say no!Thanks again!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your patterns are incredible! I have a grandson with Aspergers Syndrome who adores Mario and Luigi. I'm not an expert at crochet, but hopefully can follow directions. Both Mario and Luigi Plushies would be cherished by him if I can make them at least look similar for him for Christmas. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Another awesome lil plush character! i'm going to enjoy making them both. thanks so much for sharing your wonderful designs with all of us!!

Unknown said...

Would like to know what the magic ring is?

Thank you
Emily Hoffert
emyhoffert@yahoo.com

Tink said...

My sister is making all the Mario characters for my 8 year old son, and we can't find a Princess Peach pattern anywhere that looks as good as yours. He wants me to ask you: "PRETTY PLEEEEEASE will you make a Peach?" So, pretty please? :)

nalajojo said...

Hi just wondering if maybe you had a pattern for Blue of Blue's Clue's, my grandson loves them and I would like to make him one to set on his dresser. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wolfdreamer,
You have some excellent patterns, and I liked them so much that I linked to this one in my latest blog post. I just wanted to let you know I linked you out and gave you credit as well. I hope it brings you some traffic from my readers. Blessings to you and here is a link to the post if you want to see it.
http://piper-of-pipers-lair-blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/free-amigurumi-patterns-to-crochet.html

Anonymous said...

Well, now you've got the bros., but what about Peach and daisy? But with Peach, of couse you'll need Toadsworth and/or Toadbert, Toad, Toadet. And also, no respet for Bowser? I've made millions of Marios, Luigis, and so on, but I can't find anything good for my favorite Mario character, Bowser, I mean, I've tried everything, but there is nothing to my satisfaction. The ones that accualy look good, cost money. Sorry if this comment sounds rude, and by the way, i love the patterns you post, my friend and I crochet together, and we always use this first. We'll sit there for hours crocheting, tring to get it all done in one day, but we've only done that once, yesterday. Your the best pattern-maker-whater-they're-called in crocheting I've ever found online. I love your work, almost as much as i love crocheting. Thank you for all the great patterns and i hope you make more. Sorry this comment was late
-Takeshi

Anonymous said...

can you please email me at
viccat52@verizon.net
how to do the magic ring? im clueless

Jirska said...

Wow, I really admire your creativitiy!!! My 2 sons are very fond of everything that has to do with Mario, so they are delighted that you created this figures in hookpatterns!!! (And so am I!!!)

Jirska said...

Hi!

I made Mario and Luigi and my kids really love it! (and so do I, ehat a great patterns!!)

I don't know how I can copy the photo to this text, but you can see them at my blog:

http://mijnhobbyhervonden.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OMG I just had to make him thanks for sharing your patterns I LOVE them im sure Ill come back to visit you real soon

Anonymous said...

First of all, wow! Thank you for sharing such a great pattern.

Im having real troubles with the hat. And I think its gonna be the same with the face.

So, I have my 16 sc in round two. But if I sc in next sc, and 2sc in next sc, i end up with 32sc plus 1 (the first sc in first sc).

The numbers between the ( ) are incorrect? What am I doing wrong?

Next round 4 will be, Sc in next sc (that's 2) and 2sc in next sc... I'm gonna end up with 64 plus 2!

Round 5, sc in next 3 sc (3sc) and then is 40?

So what Im guessing is, you're not counting the first sc, and the numbers in the () are the 2sc in each sc? But you don't get to the beginning right?

I'm sorry I'm a beginner (and don't speak english very well) and I'm all lost, but I really really want to make this!

Thank you once again! You genius!

WolfDreamer said...

Rnd 3 should be done like:

sc in the first sc, 2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc.. repeating that around.

Same for rnd 4 and all the other rounds worded like that, you repeat the original sequence around.

You're adding 8 evenly spaced sc in each 'increase' round (with one more sc in between each increase on every round)

Hope that helps :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for answering (the blog is so old i didnt think you would).

I did it! Lol. Its so beautiful, everybody wants me to make them one!

You are a genius, you are making people happy.

Thank you again!

An Willems said...

It's a long shot, but since you're so creative and apparently such fan of Super Mario, could you maybe - possibly - please please pretty please create a pattern to crochet Yoshi? My friend is a big fan of the green little dragon (or whatever species Yoshi is), so it would make for a great birthday gift.

WolfDreamer said...

In all honesty... since there are already DOZENS of Yoshi crochet patterns out there, I prefer not to attempt to re-invent the wheel :D

If you do a google search for 'crochet yoshi patterns' you will get more returns than you can shake a stick at. LOL Some are free, some are pay, some are better than others, and some are more complicated than the rest. You can choose while you like and have a blast with it :D

Blaubaer said...

Tausend Dank für die schönen Anleitungen.Mario habe ich fertig.Er ist der Favorit meines Enkels.Hatte etwas Schwierigkeiten ,da mein Englisch nicht so gut ist.Würde dir gern ein Foto zeigen.Wie?
Mit lieben Grüßen Regina

Amier said...

you are amazing!!! i cant wait to get all the yarn i need to try these out! my 3 boys are going to love them! they play mario all the time on wii, oh this is going to be soooooooo fun!! thank you for making them free!

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for creating these guys....I love to make dolls, but can't design worth a darn. Been trying to build "Pinky and the Brain" for the better part of a year...and end up with some really sad mishapened mice.....once again, THANKS

Anonymous said...

I've already made Yoshi and Mario. Now I'm working on Luigi, but I've had a problem with the brim of the hat being too floppy. Do you have any tips that will elevate this?
thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love your plushie toy designs! They're really great! I'm having trouble with the hat...I have completed Rnd 6 (48) but am not sure how to complete Rnd 7 (and so on). If I sc in the next 11 (I have 37 left in the round) and then 2 sc in the next sc I end up with 85 in the round. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am making Mario. I haven't encountered any problems except with the sideburns. Do you repeat row l two times and at the end of the row do you turn?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is my first attempt at making a crochet amigurimi and your pattern is easy to follow! I'm working on the hands and arms with the thumbs. My question is are both right and left hands/arms made the same way? In your pattern you did not say to make two of the hand/arm like you did with the ears.

Bri

Dorraine said...

i love these patterns i would love to find yoshi. But he doest seem to show up

Unknown said...

Okay, I have a lot of friends who are interested in plus-hie. I would deniability tell this stuff to them. And I must say that this is a brilliant group of people. paper writing services

Anonymous said...

Большое спасибо за Ваши работы! Они ПРЕКРАСНЫ! Я очень стараюсь и у меня получается! Не так красиво как у Вас, но все же:)

Sophie said...

Yes! when you make a Mario, you should make a Luigi too...I knit a Mario to my son years ago and he asked me for years to make him a Luigi...So I decide, before he will be to old too, to make a Luigi. Thanks for your nice pattern! You save my life loll!

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful patterns! Thank-you so much for your generosity in sharing your patterns and your amazing talent.

Caminante said...

Abbreviation meaning "sc"? great job, thanks! sorry my english is bad. Greetings from Asuncion, Paraguay. Jazmin

Unknown said...

Love your work

HowToMoment said...

hey! thank you for your patterns! the page is great. I had one question about Luigi and Mario dolls, have been making more of your patterns and all are great, especially Sonic, but seems that Luigi and Mario are super tiny dolls. So m questions is, how big are the dolls in these pictures? i tried it with thicker yarn, but it didn't help much. thank you in advance!

WolfDreamer said...

The dolls are 8-9 inches tall. I use Redheart Super Saver yarn and a USG (4.0mm) hook.
:-)

Maritza said...

I am so happy I found your blog. I was looking for a pattern to crochet Luigi and found yours. I an making this for my 4 years old grandson (he loves Luigi). I have a question. In the feet instructions you said to shape as desigreen, I have no idea how, do not understand, try to google it with no avail. Please help me. Thanks

Unknown said...

Hello! I am so grateful of your patterns, thank you for sharing your designs (which includes your time) with us. I am making this Luigi Plushie for my grandson. I have almost all the pieces done. I am doing now the feet and encounter a problem that hopefully you will help me with. Round 10 ends with 14 stitches, so on round 11 you say sc in next sc, dec over next 2 sc (8). This is the way I understand: I sc in the next sc, then I dec twice (next 2 sc), but at the end I have left one stitch and if I sc in that stitch I will have nine stitches and not 8. Please help? Thank you so much for your help and again for all your patterns.

Debby M said...

Could you make a yoshi to go with mario and luigi but small enough so they can ride him?

Debby M said...

can you make a yoshi to go with them but small enough so they can ride him? PLease that would be awesome!

james brownn said...

This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here!
DOWNLOAD SUPER MARIO RPG ROM

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how tall this doll is? I need to make a male doll for a show I am in and need it to be at least 15-18" tall.
Thank you!

Jossy said...

Hola,
Gracias por compartir
con este patrón como que de tamaño quedaría el peluche???
quedo atenta

Brenda said...

I love your pattern of Mario and Luigi. I wanted to show you my attempt at making them for my twin grandsons' birthday. These are their favorite characters.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hqHPgcZotLES5Fkd6

WolfDreamer said...

They're awesome! Great work. You have very lucky grandsons!

Unknown said...

Hola! Cuántos centímetros mide Mario y cuántos centímetros mide Luigi?

LouLou992 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

You both need to ask WolfDreamer. You’re replying to my comment. Good luck!

LouLou992 said...

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I didn't realise thank you for letting me know

LouLou992 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LouLou992 said...

Hey
I really love this pattern but i'm having trouble with the brim of the hat. I'm not sure where i'm going wrong but it ends up being much bigger (further away from the hat) than I think it should be by looking at the pictures.

The only thing I can think of is do I use the CH1 as a stitch within the 12 of the brim?

Thank you in advance
Lucy

wiseonng said...

Qual o tamanho dele?

AnitaMakeItNow said...

Help please. I'm on the shoes. I do not understand after you F/O. *shape as desigreen.* I know fasten off part. Just don't know how to shape the shoe. Please help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...